Aug 13, 2008

Author Buzz Book

Interested in getting books for free? Check out Author Buzz

I won this book from Author Buzz, and it arrived in the mail from C.W. Gortner with a fan. I was surprised to find the extra gift inside.

According to the Author Buzz site, "THE LAST QUEEN: A NOVEL, the passionate story of Juana of Castile, daughter of Isabella of Spain and sister of Catherine of Aragon, comes to vivid life."

This book instantly reminded me of "The Other Boleyn Girl" at least in concept. I just love historical books, and can't wait to get to this book.

If you haven't checked out Author Buzz, I think you should give it a try.

I'm still reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, but I hope to finish it soon and post my review, though I am sure there are tons of others on the Web for everyone to keep busy.

In the meantime, if you are in the D.C. area next week, stop by the Bethesda Barnes & Noble to hear some local writers read. Should be a good time.

6 comments:

Anna said...

What a neat gift! I hope you plan to pass that book along to me when you're done.

I can't wait until we both finish Breaking Dawn and can discuss it. Are we like the only 2 book bloggers who haven't reviewed it yet?? :(

Serena said...

I am just a slower reader than most out there because I really don't have tons of time to read, but I am in the 480s now!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a good one you one. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

I'm off to check out Author Buzz.

Serena said...

It sounded like a good one.

Anonymous said...

Cool Gift! I have this book too for a book tour and am so excited about reading it! Look forward to your thoughts on Breaking Dawn!Mine were mixed.

Serena said...

That was a surprise for sure. I just expected the book.

I will have to check out your review for The Last Queen. When's your tour date?