Feb 1, 2009

Writing Goal Week #5

Writing Goal Update!

Progress! I've moved beyond stanza one. I can't say for sure that the poem is complete, but it does have four stanzas now. Yippee.

Writing Goal Week #5:

Revision, revision, revision. I'm not completely happy with the poem, so its time to go back and look it over. Mull over the images to make sure they say what I want them to and to change things that are driving me crazy.

If I can get through that in the earlier part of the week, perhaps I can move onto another poem or that short story that has been locked up in the hard drive of my computer since I first revised it.

Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

You have a good week too, Serena. Sounds like you're making some great progress. Will you be sharing your poem here? :D

The Bookworm said...

have a good week :o)
good luck with your writing.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Serena said...

I'm not sure sharing the poem on the blog is a great idea given that some magazines will consider it pre-published if I put it here, unless I opt to change it significantly.

Anna said...

Great job on your progress! I think the poem is a good start. I liked it, especially that one stanza I pointed out. I could tell you don't think it's done, though.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

Anna: yeah, I think it has to go in a drawer for a while.

Anonymous said...

Do you put poems away between revisions, or do you find, with poetry, it's better to keep focused?

I always have to put novels away between revisions, but the few times I worked on poems, I had to keep revising and revising and revising while I had momentum.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're moving forward with your writing goals! You'll have to post the link to where we can buy the magazine/journal/compilation that has your poem, when it is published!

Serena said...

Devon: It depends on the poem for me. Some poems I have to revise and revise while it is fresh. Others I find that they are not fully formed in my mind and need to be put away until they become clearer in my mind.

Dawn: Thanks for the compliment. I will let everyone know when I get something published. It's been a while, though I did make it to the last round in the Pedestal Magazine submission process with one poem, but ultimately the issue took a different shape than they expected and my poem didn't fit.

Anonymous said...

Way to go with the writing progress. Keep with it!

Serena said...

Amber: Thanks for the encouragement