May 29, 2009

Off to Book Expo America & More

Ok, I haven't talked much about Book Expo America yet, but here it is. The official post.

Anna from Diary of an Eccentric and I will be headed up to NYC and can't wait to meet all of the book/lit bloggers who will be in attendance, not to mention some of our favorite publishers and publishers we haven't even made contact with yet.
I'm taking this trusty Fodor's New York City 2009 guide with me, and trust me there will be tabs galore in it of sights to see and things to do, though in about 2 days, who can get through the entire city and all its sights? Not me. It's a repeat trip in the future that will get it done, but I'm hopeful that I can get some sights in.

We've already registered to the BEAtweetup 2009, and hope to see many of you there. I wish everyone were able to come, but rest assured we will be thinking of you.

I plan to bring the SLR and shoot photos as much as possible, hopefully this will make everyone feel like you were there with us.

In other developments, I've cracked and joined Twitter. Have you joined up already? I may have not found you, but if you want to find me, here's the handle @SavvyVerseWit

Oh yeah, we've got a modern throwback to the CB radio. . . "handles" over at Twitter.

Don't Forget About These Great Giveaways!

1 Signed Copy of The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire by C.M. Mayo, here. Deadline is May 30, 2009, 11:59PM EST.

2 copies of The Wonder Singer by George Rabasa, here; Deadline is May 30, 2009, 11:59 PM EST

3 copies of Mating Rituals of the North American WASP by Lauren Lipton, here; Deadline is June 3, 2009, 11:59 PM EST.


1 copy of Reunion by Therese Fowler, here; Deadline is June 4, 2009, 11:59 PM EST

16 comments:

Ti said...

Have a wonderful trip! Take lots of pics!

Unknown said...

Have fun at BEA! Can't wait to see the pics!

Lisa said...

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time!

BookClubGirl said...

It was so great to meet you today!!!

Esme said...

Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself.

Belle said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time!

The Bookworm said...

very cool! have fun!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Marie Cloutier said...

have a great time! :-)

Darlene said...

Hope you're having a great time Serena!

Luanne said...

Hope it's been wonderful and can't wait to hear all about it!

Jeannie said...

I haven't been here in a while. I really like the new look.

Hope you and Anna are having a blast at the Expo. Please fill me in on all the details. :D

Serena said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

BookClubGirl: It was great to meet you too.

I should have a post up soon about BEA.

Anna said...

I had a great time. Lots of fun. Hope you're getting some much needed rest!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh, BEA was so much fun. Meeting you and Anna was great. You two are hilarious - you reminded me of an old married couple. It's fantastic that you've remained such close friends all these years.

Serena said...

Bermudaonion: I had a great time at BEA even if we walked forever and lugged tons of books. I had fun meeting you and everyone else I saw. Its too bad I missed the meetups with the other bloggers.