Welcome to another peak inside by mailbox, here at Mailbox Monday, sponsored by Marcia at The Printed Page.
The number of books making it into my mailbox should be smaller and smaller in the coming weeks as I decline more offers than I accept from publishers. I really need to focus on the books already lining my shelves.
Plus, I have a coupon and a gift certificate for two different bookstores that are burning holes in my pockets!
1. The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan from the Amazon Vine program, which will be published in August/September 2009.
2. The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy by Sara Angelini for review in October 2009 from Sourcebooks.
3. Dusk by David Doub, which I won from Literary Escapism.
4. Soul Survivor by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross, which I won from A Bookish Mom.
5. Short Girls by Bich Minh Nguyen, which I received from Library Thing and was published in July 2009.
6. The Woodstock Story Book by Linanne G. Sackett and Barry Z. Levine, which I received from Lisa Roe for review--check out my preview of the book at D.C. Literature Examiner.
Ok, so when I decided to write this up, the Borders coupon for my birthday (15% off) burned a hole in my pocket and sent me to the bookstore to pick out some books:
7. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, which I have seen so many of you rave about.
8. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris, which is (I believe) the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series--this will be great for the challenge...Now, that I have two books from the series I can get started.
9. Best Burgers from Publications International, which is a board book my husband picked out from the bargain bin for $1.99...which ended up being considered a cookbook by the Borders' system and I paid $1.39 for! Must have been a good day for sales.
What did you get in your mailbox?