Oct 25, 2009
16th hour was tough and I eventually succumbed to sleep. But I did get up again about 5:50 AM to finish my 3rd book by 8 AM and the end of the read-a-thon!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Sookie Stackhouse series is great to keep you awake and giggling.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
On suggestion would be to have fewer challenges that require readers to post on their own blog. You may be too exhausted to participate.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The hosts were great and the cheerleaders made the rounds.
5. How many books did you read?
I finished 3 books, the last book right down to the wire at 8 a.m. here. That's 439 pages. That's a record for me. These are the books I finished:
1. Carta Marina by Ann Fisher-Wirth
2. More of Me Disappears by John Amen
3. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Oops, I alread answered this question!
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I really enjoyed John Amen's More of Me Disappears and Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris best.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Carta Marina by Ann Fisher-Wirth
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader, but I think they did a great job.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will participate in the next one, though I leave in what capacity up in the air and up to my whims.