The Printed Page and Kristi of The Story Siren both sponsor memes in which bloggers share what books they've received in the past week. I'm going to continue calling these Mailbox Mondays, but The Story Siren also has In My Mailbox. It's another edition of Mailbox Monday and In My Mailbox on Sunday! Got a great tour starting on Monday 12/14 for John Shors Dragon House.
Anyway, here are the books I got this past week:
1. Now & Then by Jacqueline Sheehan, which I won from Peeking Between the Pages.
Purchased from Wonder Book, a local used book store:
2. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
3. Blindness by Jose Saramago (I've been dying to read this ever since I saw the movie and read Sandy's review on You've Gotta Read This!
4. The Circle of Hahn by Bruce Weigl (this was a treat after reading his book Song of Napalm in class and meeting him in person. Anna and I did not know he had a memoir about his Vietnam War experiences. You can guess what reading challenge this is for!)
Purchased from the local library sale:
5. American Daughter Gone to War by Winnie Smith; this is for the Vietnam War reading challenge.
6. Collected Poems 1947-1997 Allen Ginsberg; this book was in fantastic condition, like new! And I got it for 50 cents!
7. Once Two Heroes by Calvin Baker
8. The Natural Order of Things by Antonio Lobo Antunes (translated from the Portuguese)
9. The Dogs of War by Frederick Forsyth
10. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom, which is for the Vietnam War reading challenge.
11. Taking Fire by Ron Alexander & Charles W. Sasser, which is also for the Vietnam War reading challenge.
What did you get in your mailbox?!
FTC Disclosure: Clicking on images or titles will bring you to my Amazon Affiliate page; No purchase required.