Jan 4, 2010

Jane Austen Challenge 2010


The Life (and Lies) of an Inanimate Flying Object is hosting the Jane Austen Challenge 2010!  And you knew I would join, didn't you?

Here are the reading levels to help you choose:

  • Newbie 2 books by J. Austen, 2 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors) 
  • Lover 4 books by J. Austen, 4 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors) 
  • Fanatic 6+ books by J. Austen, 5+ re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)
The challenge runs from Jan. 1, 2010, through Dec. 31, 2010.  You can change your reading level during the challenge, any book format counts, and books can overlap with other challenges.

OK, so I guess you are interested in what level I'm signing up for . . . Yes, I am crazy about Jane and the other contemporary versions.  These books could change as well.

I'm a Fanatic

Here are my 6 Jane Austen books:
  1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  2. Lady Susan by Jane Austen
  3. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  4. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  5. Love & Friendship by Jane Austen or Sandition by Jane Austen
  6. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen or Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Here are my 5+ Spinoff, rewrites, etc.:
  1. Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy:  The Last Man in the World by Abigail Reynolds
  2. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
  3. Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters
  4. Impulse & Initiative by Abigail Reynolds
  5. According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
What will you be reading for this challenge?

10 comments:

Care said...

Good luck and fun to you in this challenge! I'm going to pass on this one this year but do enjoy reading about all the spin off books - it's amazing.

Staci said...

I told myself last night as I was updated all of my challenges that I wasn't going to do any more...then of course I see this one on your blog. How can I resist? So I'm signing up too!

Iliana said...

I did an Austen challenge last year and really had fun with it. I even finally got to read an Austen spin-off book so that was good as I'd been curious about what some of them are like.

Enjoy it!

Anna said...

I'm going to sign up for this one, too. Just have to post my list. Good luck with all your challenges!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bermudaonion said...

Good luck, Serena!

drey said...

must. not. sign. up. for. more. challenges!!!! aargh!!! sigh. i think it's a losing battle, but hopefully i'll forget all about it by the time i get home today. =)

Serena said...

Drey: you sound like me. LOL I have a hard time saying no. I have 8 challenges for this year already! However, 2 are those that finish up this year, so I had a head start last year! LOL

I hope you sign up...

Meg @ write meg! said...

Yay! I was hoping someone would pick up the torch for an Austen challenge in '10 (it's so weird to type that: '10. Oy.) and am stoked to hear about this one! Off to investigate. And good luck! :)

Serena said...

Meg: I hope you will join the JA challenge.

Ladytink_534 said...

Good luck with the challenge!