Split This Rock Poetry Festival (Check out my review of the festival), and let me tell you that's only part of the reason that the mailbox is so full this week.
Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi of The Story Siren both sponsor memes in which bloggers share what books they've received in the past week. I'm going to continue calling these Mailbox Mondays, but The Story Siren also has In My Mailbox.
Here's what I received:
1. The Last Train From Hiroshima by Charles Pellegrino, which I purchased after learning that there is controversy surrounding the source material Pellegrino used for his account of the atomic bombing. The publisher has halted publication. I'm all about controversy.
2. A Hundred Feet Over Hell by Jim Hooper, which is for review from Lisa Roe at the Online Publicist.
3. Fireworks over Toccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff, which I received for review from St. Martin's Press.
4. Waiting Wives by Donna Moreau, which I purchased after reading Tina Says' review as part of the Vietnam War Reading Challenge.
5. The End of Baseball by Peter Schilling Jr., which I received for review from Kaye Publicity for review.
6. Another World Instead: The Poems of William Stafford, which I received from the editor of the collection Fred Marchant, a former professor, fellow poet, and friend. He graciously signed this for me at Split This Rock Poetry Festival.
7. The Looking House by Fred Marchant, which I will review in April as part of my National Poetry Month tour with other bloggers; I hope you'll consider joining us. He also signed this one for me as well.
8. Green is the Orator by Sarah Gridley, which I purchased at Busboys & Poets while at the Split This Rock Poetry Festival, though I failed to find her later on and have her sign it.
9. The Last Communist Virgin by Wang Ping, which I purchased at the Split This Rock Poetry Festival and is a collection of short stories.
10. The Baghdad Blues by Sinan Antoon, which I also purchased at the festival after hearing a number of panelists praise his work.
11. Bo Obama: The White House Tails by Paul Salamof and Keith Tucker is a review copy from Bluewater Productions.
12. Female Force by Neal Bailey, Ryan Howe, and Joshua Labello which was included with Bo Obama -- I'm assuming as a bonus book.
13. Female Force: Barbara Walters by Robert Schnakenberg, which was also include with Bo Obama -- I'm assuming it is a second bonus book.
OK, I think that's it! What did you get in your mailbox?
FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page; No purchase necessary, though appreciated.
© 2010, Serena Agusto-Cox of Savvy Verse & Wit. All Rights Reserved. If you're reading this on a site other than Savvy Verse & Wit or Serena's Feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.