Aug 8, 2009

BBAW Meme

My Friend Amy and the BBAW busy bees have asked three simple questions that will help readers understand Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

1) What was the highlight (something that happened, a post, an activity, etc.) of BBAW for you last year?

I was thrilled to see everyone visiting the various blogs, even new ones like mine and leaving comments and participating in memes, activities, giveaways, etc. I really enjoyed the posts in which bloggers interviewed one another--that for me helped to shed light on who some of these people are.

2) What is one new blog you discovered during BBAW last year?

Gosh, there were so many blogs I discovered last year, and for some reason right now I am drawing a blank. . . oh, wait, The Magic Lasso and Cafe of Dreams and Morbid Romantic.

3) What tips would you share to help others get the most out of their BBAW experience?

Remain calm--there can be a multitude of activities and giveaways and other events, but pace yourself. This is about building community, exposing yourself to different genres and people, and above all having fun.

Have a great time and go vote for your favorite blogs through August 15!

7 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

You were considered new last year? I had no idea. You seem like the veteran in the group. I am so very excited about this event. Even though I will be traveling Wed - Sun of BBAW, I am determined not to miss anything.

Lezlie said...

I didn't know you were new last year either! I can't wait for this year's BBAW!!

Lezlie

Serena said...

Sandy: I was new last year. It was a great experience, and thanks for the compliment. I really enjoy this blog and books, so this has been a perfect fit for me...keeps me writing daily at least. Flexing that muscle.

Lezlie: This year's BBAW is going to be great. I cannot wait to get the activities started.

Anna said...

I'm looking forward to this year's event.

I think we were both considered new because even though we had been blogging for a year, we weren't really focuses on books as much as we are now.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Amy said...

Great advice! I'm looking forward to a fun week!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I love your advice - remain calm and pace yourself. LOL, but so true!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I just love visitng blogs and meeting fellow bloggers. I am looking forward to BBAW because I have a feeling I probably have not even scratched the surface.