I just wanted to take a moment to recap some goings on here at Savvy Verse & Wit and at D.C. Literature Examiner.
I started out pledging to read 5 books for the War Through the Generations: WWII Reading Challenge, and I met my goal. However, I think I'll probably read some more books for the challenge throughout the year, but for now I'm officially saying I've finished this challenge.
Check out the books I reviewed for the challenge:
1. Reading by Lightning by Joan Thomas
2. Bloody Good by Georgia Evans
3. T4 by Ann Clare LeZotte
4. Now Silence by Tori Warner Shepard
5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I also recently signed up for the Everything Austen Challenge in which you could mix and match movies and book reviews. I just have to read or watch 6 books or movies through January 2010.
So far, I've read one book and watched one movie, check out my reviews:
1. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
2. Focus Features' Pride & Prejudice (2005)
I joined the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge as well; you might be thinking I've lost my mind.
I have to read the entire series, including the new book that just came out. I haven't fared as well on this challenge, but I will have a review forthcoming for:
1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Ok, now for D.C. Literature Examiner news, I've been busy posting interviews and reviews:
1. Susan Helene Gottfried here and here.
2. Review of Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes Year 1
3. Kyle Semmel here and here.
4. Review of The Woodstock Story Book
5. Joseph Sohm here, here, and here.
I hope you will take the time to check out some of these great interviews and reviews and leave a comment or two.
Also, I have a great international giveaway for the Rooftops of Tehran going on through August 24, 2009.