Apr 8, 2009

Poem #7, PAD Challenge 2009

The prompt for Day 7 fell on Tuesday, April 7. Poetic Asides has two prompts on Tuesday--Two for Tuesday. I was tasked with writing a poem about clean or dirty. So here's my rough draft for this prompt:

Shave

Swift horizontal swipe
cuts down dark trunks
fall quicker than the lead
in my pencil broken on the page.

A nail scratching up my chalkboard leg,
dry and cracked from winter kiss.
Clear-cut forest
with scattered stumps among cracked earth.
My hands run along
carrying water to the earth,
moisture covers skin seamlessly
absorbed deeply by pores
free of radicals
free of conservatives
free to be.

What did you write today?

For more information about the challenge, go here.

***GIVEAWAY REMINDER***

I have 1 copy of Jill Mansell's An Offer You Can't Refuse; get two entries, comment on my review and my interview. Deadline is April 11 at Midnight.

4 comments:

Anna said...

And you were worried by this prompt! I think you did a great job.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

you think I did...I dunno.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I am so impressed with your commitment to this challenge!

30 days of poems, in response to a given prompt, no less ... do you find it helpful to write with a prompt, or more limiting?

Every day I read your new poem (even though I'm not commenting on each one!) ... I like how you're ending each post, "what did you write today?"

Serena said...

thanks for the support, dawn. I find some prompts more limiting than others. I usually preface my post with something like I had a hard time with this one. I'm hoping to encourage others to write something...doesn't have to be poems.